Good morning! I hope everyone got a good night’s sleep after yesterday’s meet. I have a few thoughts I’d like to share:
1) As a team we swam really well. We had a few regional cuts, lots of close races, and many, many swimmers place in the top three in their event or relay. As the meet wore on into the night, swimmers from all teams stopped dropping times, but our kids still fought hard, and many still swim life-time bests!
2) The meet itself was incredibly long, loud, and hectic. We are not used to not having a bull-pen at the conference meet, and, because of this, it was chaotic for swimmers, coaches, and officials. I have never seen as many false starts at a meet than what we saw last night. Thank you all for helping keep the kids out of the stands, staying quiet for the start, and cheering for them.
3) Too many kids, particularly older, experienced kids, missed their events last night. Swimmers standing behind the blocks didn’t step up to their race. This was true for most teams last night; this was mostly an issue of the loudness of the pool deck. However, I was really frustrated and let my frustration and anger get the better of me, especially as the meet wore on. I want to apologize to the swimmers and families for my anger and frustration. I certainly could have done a better job.
4) We got tons of compliments from officials, coaches, and parents about our swimmers' sportsmanship. Most of our swimmers waited in the water to shake hands, and that always stands out against other teams.
5) Overall, I am pleased with how our swimmers performed. We had a good season, and I am excited to celebrate on Friday!
Thursday, June 14 - Dual Meet at Home vs. Krocs/Chgo. South.
Tuesday, June 12 - A.M. practices start (Tuesdays and Thursdays only 8-10:15am)
Saturday, June 16 - Car Wash 8am-1pm in DDE Parking Lot. Sign up to help AND sell your tickets!
Monday, June 18 - Team picture at 6:00 SHARP. ARRIVE EARLY AND WEAR TEAM SUIT. (There will be practice after photos!)
Wednesday, June 20 - Conference roster posted at pool
Sunday, July 1 - Thunderbolts Game 5:05pm in Crestwood. Flyer/Info at Pool. See Karen for tickets.
Tuesday, July 3 - City of Blue Island Fireworks. Concession stand volunteers needed. No PM Practice
Wednesday, July 4 - Happy Independence Day! No Practice!
Wednesday, July 11 - CONFERENCE at Oak Forest High School. Conference swimmers to arrive at 4:30pm
Tuesday, July 17 - End of Season Party. Info and sign-up sheets at pool.
Coaches & Board
Click here for important conference information.
Summer registration will begin on April 16th and 17th at 6pm!
All new and returning swimmers are expected to attend. Please share this flyer with potential new teammates, and let's get excited for a great season!
Monday, Jan. 22 - Conference lineup and info posted at pool.
Tuesday, Jan. 23 - Practice for Levels 3, 4 & 5 ONLY. 7-8:30 pm. See calendar posted online or at the pool.
Thursday, Jan. 25 - Team picture at 6:00 SHARP. PLEASE WEAR TEAM SUIT. No individual pictures will be taken this season.
Saturday, Feb. 10 - CONFERENCE at Oak Lawn High School. Conference swimmers to arrive at 11:30am. Click the link above to read important info about the meet.
Tuesday, Feb. 13 - End of Season Party for all swimmers and families. Info and sign-up sheets at pool.
Coaches & Board
A USA swimming club team for athletes ages 6-18, located in Blue Island, IL.